So... this has been on my mind for AWHILE! So today after being called Dorothy one more time, I just decided to share it. Many of you may be saying, girl you are crazy, but that's ok. lol
In America, we tend to want to shorten peoples names instead of Susan, we say Suzie, Joseph, we say Joe and instead of DOROTHYINEZ, we say "Dorothy" without even asking if they mind. I have found as I have tried these past few month to "correct" people that is is VERY UNCOMFORTABLE to do but it must be done because it's apart of my branding, just like Minister of Beauty™. In fact, several women who also have difficult names told me it doesn't even matter to them anymore because they are used to it. USED TO IT??? REALLY? Why do we have to get used to be called anything but our name. If someone decided to call you _______________(you fill it in) would you just go with that too?
For 40+ years I was called Inez, which I love! But when I was called to start a business to serve women, I felt God inspired me to use my first and middle name TOGETHER, Not Dorothy, Not Inez, DorothyInez. My close friends and family call me Inez of course and that's ok.
I believe our names are divinely given to us. Most parents take the time to specially choose your name, they think long and hard some even have arguments about it. I think it is a disrespect to that person to call them anything other than their given name without their permission. I know NONE of you meant ANY disrespect, but I am just making a point. I often feel bad for immigrant Americans who come up with "American" names because no one want to try to pronounce their given name. It breaks my heart that Min Joo has to be "Helen" because we refuse to TRY to pronounce her name or Mary Susan has to just be Mary because it takes too long to say her full name.
Our names have meaning and I bet if you looked up yours, you would find that in some way you are living into that name because you have been called it for however many years. My name is Dorothy (Gift of God) and Inez (With A Pure Heart) that is who I am called to be to EVERY woman who works with me. Each time you say my name, I am reminded of my purpose and calling. It may seem long but its pretty easy to say once you get it. :-)
I encourage you the next time you meet someone to ask what they like to be called don't just assume Suzanne wants to be called Suzy. She just doesn't have the courage to correct you. I can testify that it is so hard to do.
Here's a video also explaining my logo AND name. I hope you understand where I am coming from. So please No more DOROTHY'S I share this with you in ♥
DorothyInez, Minister of Beauty
From clutch bags to big bags for day to day use, many women have numerous bags of all kind for different occasions. For them, being able to match their bag to the special event or occasion is important. However, most women tend to be less aware of the things in their bag or how much items there inside that are not really needed. As surveys were made, there are list of things that many women have been carrying in their bags that they don’t really need.
Today, most women have big bags with all the “can’t live without necessities”. These items have been their security blanket. These gigantic bags full of everything stuffs are definitely considered by women as their home away from home. They always anticipate all the things they might need or their loved ones’ need. These women want to be prepared all the time.
Some women bring the items in their bags that they can’t live their house because they see these things as their inspirations. They consider these things as fun fashionable choices for personal use.
1. Smart phone – The new technology today attributed in the use of cell phones or smart phones as a necessity. You can now reach your family, friends, business partners and guests by just a text message or call away. There are many designs to choose from depending on the way you want to use it.
2. Wallet – The wallet or purse is a safe thing where women keep their credit cards, identification cards and money.
3. Small notebook and pen – These two are essential items for note takings. These are very ideal for taking down notes.
4. Mints or gum – This is an aid to freshen up. It can be an option to have a mint or a gum to keep you awake and alert.
5. Hand sanitizer – It is always a good idea to have a hand sanitizer inside you bag. On an average day, you normally touch anything like dirty doorknobs and dirty table. You are not sure if the things you touched are clean. This is the reason why you need to have a hand sanitizer for protection and prevention of illness most especially on the flu and cold season. The hand sanitizer will act as alchohol and moisturizer as well.
6. Sunglasses – This is a hand bag essential for most women. Sunglasses can create a focal point for an outfit. It can even conceal a tired face.
7. Lip gloss or lip balm – People admire Angelina Jolie for having pouty lips. Most women bring lip glosses or lip balm inside their bags in order for their lips to add color and also protection for chapped lips.
Other things women have inside their bags are: mp3 player, earphones, bobby pins, house or car keys, pepper spray, hand cream or hand lotion, foundation, powder, mirror, blush and lipstick. As much as possible, women should limit the things inside their bags.
About Biba Pedron:
Style-maven and brand strategist, Biba’s chief objective is to aid women entrepreneurs in growing their business by merging solid business strategies with their own personal style. Biba has always acknowledged that the number one marketing tool is the way you look, as it is the first thing people see upon first meeting you. For more tips for successful business and personal style needs with Biba’s French twist, download her Free ebook "Top 10 Must-haves For Successful Business in Style" at http://yourbusinessinstyle.com